Warner Bros. confirmed the conclusion of its investigations in a statement Tuesday.
“As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico,” the statement read. “We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed.”
Confirming the position held all through the saga by the villain in the story, DeMario jackson, the statement continued: “Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.”
Warner Bros. also confirmed the resumption of production on Season Four of the spioff show.
“Production on this season of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants,” the press release stated.
Production of the fourth season of the reality series was shut down amid allegations co-stars DeMario Jackson, 30, and Corinne Olympios, 24, engaged in questionable activity in a pool at the resort where filming took place. The cast had been sent home from Mexico as a result.
DeMario Jackson: Alleged assailant in sexual misconduct case exonerated as case is dismissed after investigation by ABC
ABC confirmed that the series will air later this summer.
“We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set,” the network said in a statement.
Maintaining he is innocent, Jackson has been adamant that his name will be cleared. Last week he released a statement to US Weekly: “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
Jackson said in text messages obtained by The Post last week he believed the tape would clear his name. Olympios also hired famed attorney Marty Singer to represent her.
She sent out well crafted tear-jerking victim statements: “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” Olympios said.
Expounding on her ‘case’ she continued, “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
Jackson in a report disputed by his former employers the Michael Page Agency, has already lost his day job as an executive recruiter even as Warner Bros. were only just acknowledging the situation in their statement: “We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico,” adding “We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
However, as TMZ previously reported one of the story lines for the upcoming fourth season involved Jackson hooking up with “Bachelor” alum Corinne Olympios.
The furor seemed to have been fed by sanctimonious co-contestants, all seeking to create early exits for the competition as one was quoted as stating that they witnessed the version of events initially put out and grousing that they were upset because production didn’t step in to prevent the ‘non-consenting sex in the pool’ incident between Jackson and Olympios from escalating.Warner Bros. said.
“People are pissed, and not just at DeMario. We’re pissed that this whole thing happened,” one contestant tells People. “They could have seen that she was drinking too much and that he was taking advantage. They could have stopped this before it got this far. But they decided to let it go, and let it happen, and see what happened? So, I’m angry at the show, and everyone else is too,” the phantom witness supposedly, said.
The question then remains, was she assaulted while in an inebriated state or not? Life long reputations are at stake here. Clarification is necessary.
Self serving platitudes, whether they serve the interests of the studio or individuals hiding behind the cloak of anonymity to tarnish the image of others, simply does cut it here.