Advertisements
Trending Now

FBI Director contradicts Kelly, White House Counsel! Christopher Wray says administration had FOUR warnings about Rob Porter going back to last March – Background check was completed by July

Popular Stories

‘FOUR warnings and the White House still had Porter operational. 
Now that’s due process!’
Who knew what, when and how  about Porter’s clearance investigation in the West Wing?

Intelligence chiefs indict actions of Trump’s chief of staff, John Kelly and White House Counsel Don McGahn, in their handling of Rob Porter issue
Contradicting Kelly, feds said White House knew Porter’s predicament going back to last March, and his background check was completed by July
Stunning revelations could put John Kelly and Don McGahn on the hot seat 
Recently departed Trump staff secretary, Porter, 40, was forced out of his job last week following expose about his ex-wives’ domestic abuse claims
FBI denied his security clearance in no small measure due to the reports, which should have limited his access to sensitive docs
Porter continued on the job for almost a year after the denial
FBI Director, Christopher Wray, Tuesday testified  before Senate Intelligence Committee that administration received four separate notifications about Rob Porter
Wray says the White House got heads-up warnings in March, July and Nov 2017, lastly in Feb
Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats clarified that people with temporary security clearances should have ‘limited’ access to classified material 
Despite his temporary security clearance Porter stayed as a key administration official, months after clearance was denied
Behind the facade that the probe is ‘ongoing’, White House has refused to answer questions about what it knew and when, whereas FBI closed its investigation Jan 2018

The white house has been accused of deliberately engaging in alternatively strategies of  employing hyperbole and obfuscation to inoculate themselves from the consequences of the Rob Porter debacle.
FBI director Christopher Wray directly contradicted the Trump administration on Tuesday, saying under oath that the bureau gave the White House four separate reports about disgraced and recently disengaged staff secretary Rob Porter’s security clearance investigation, with the first heads-up coming nearly a year ago.
The astounding revelation could put White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and White House Counsel Don McGahn on the spot as they face new questions about what they knew and when they knew it.

FBI Director Christopher Wray testified Tuesday in a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing that the White House has had four separate notifications from the bureau about why Rob Porter couldn’t get a permanent security clearance.

John Kelly, Don Mcgahn and former chief of staff Reince Preibus 1.pngJohn Kelly, Don McGahn and former chief of staff Reince Preibus all were aware Porter was denied security clearance by FBI

Responding to a question from Sen. Ron Wyden [D-Ore], during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, Wray spelled out the process in which the bureau ‘briefed’ the White House while Porter was operating with a temporary clearance and had access to some  secrets requiring the highest level of security clearance, for over a year.
“The FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March, and then a completed background investigation in late July,” Wray said.
“soon thereafter we received requests for [a] followup inquiry, and we did the followup and provided that information in November.”
Wray said the FBI ‘administratively closed the file in January,’ directly contradicting the White House’s account that the investigation is ‘on-going,’ adding ‘ earlier this month we received some additional information and we passed that along as well,’ he said.
Director Wray also declared that ‘in this particular instance the FBI followed established protocol.’

Colbie Holderness 8Colbie Holderness, Porter’s first wife, shows the effects of his spousal battering [left]. Holderness [right, her normal face], said that he repeatedly punched and choked her.
Jennifer Willoughby 4.pngHis second wife Jennifer Willoughby [photo L-R], has also claimed that Porter was abusive in their marriage

Porter was forced out of his job as President Donald Trump’s staff secretary this month following media reports about domestic violence accusations from his two ex-wives.
Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats clarified Tuesday, without mentioning Porter by name, that while it can be ‘necessary to have some type of preliminary clearance in order to fill a slot,’ people with such temporary statuses shouldn’t have the same contact with classified material as people with permanent clearances.
‘Access has to be limited in terms of the kinds of information they can be in a position to receive or not receive,’ Coats said.  – Dozens of White House officials are still operating with temporary clearances – reportedly including Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner.

Rob Porter, Colbie Holderness and Jennifer Willoughby 1.pngTrump’s staff secretary, Rob Porter was forced out of his job last week following expose about his ex-wives’ domestic abuse claims
Dan Coats NIA Director [right] and FBI director Christopher Wray 1.pngDirector of NIA Dan Coats [right],seen on Tuesday with FBI director Christopher Wray [left], said people with temporary security clearances (like Porter) should have ‘limited’ access to classified material
The news that the FBI’s background check was completed and the file closed last month flies in the face of what the White House has publicly said.

‘In the case of Rob Porter, we relied on the background check investigative process. That process hadn’t been completed, so we were relying on the information that we had,’ White House principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah told reporters last Thursday.
It’s unclear from Wray’s testimony who at the White House received information from the FBI.
However media investigations have revealed that in January, 2017 Jennifer Willoughby told Porter what she had explained to the FBI, the nature of their marriage and he warned White House Counsel Don McGahn that there might be unflattering information popping up in his background check.
In March the FBI submitted ‘a partial report on the investigation’ to the White House, according to director Christopher Wray. Followed by  FBI providing the White House ‘a completed background investigation’ on Porter, in July.
Shortly after Gen John Kelly succeeded Reince Priebus, as Chief of Staff, the White House  sent the FBI a request for [a] followup inquiry’ about Porter.
Feds followed up with another investigation and report on Porter  in November. Having broken up with his then girlfriend last Thanks Giving to start dating White House Communications Director, Hope Hicks, the ex who claims she was also abused by Porter, contacted White House Counsel Don McGahn and gives him details of the two ex-wives’ allegations. 
ls of the two ex-wives’ allegations.

Mike Pence President Donald Trump and Rob Porter 1Porter [right], with president Trump and vice president Mike Pence [left], was among President Trump’s closest aides, managing the flow of documents and other paperwork that reached the Oval Office

By January, the FBI ‘administratively closed the file’ on Porter’s background check. According to director Wray, the FBI ‘received some additional information’ about Porter ‘and we passed that along’ to the White House.
The White house has been cagey about whether or when Kelly knew the seriousness of the allegations against Porter, but it has been widely reported that McGahn received the initial FBI briefings.
Press secretary Sarah Sanders refused to provide specifics on Monday about the Porter clearance investigation, saying it was still ‘ongoing.’
‘The process for the background was ongoing, and the White House had not received any specific papers regarding the completion of that background check,’ she claimed.
‘We learned of the extent of the situation involving Rob Porter last Tuesday evening,’ Sanders insisted.
White House insists Trump takes domestic violence ‘very seriously’.
After The White House got wind that Porter’s history of spousal abuse was about to be outed, win early February, within hours the White House sends glowing statements about Porter from Chief of Staff John Kelly and Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, some of which were crafted by Hicks.

Raj Shah and Sarah Sanders 1.pngThe White House hyperbole and obfuscation machine Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah [left] and Press Secretary Sarah Sanders [right], insist Kelly was not made ‘fully aware’ of the nature of the allegations against Porter until some point on Feb 7 after the black-eye photos were published

A day after Porter’s first wife’s claims along with the photos of her black eye was published, press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters that Porter had submitted his resignation but would continue to work at the White House during a ‘transition,’ while also reading a statement from him claiming that ‘these outrageous allegations are simply false.’

John Kelly then released a new statement saying he condemns domestic violence.
24 hours later, deputy press secretary Raj Shah told the press, Kelly was not made ‘fully aware’ of the nature of the allegations against Porter until some point on February 7 after the black-eye photos of Holderness were published.
The White house has been evasive about whether or when John Kelly knew the seriousness of the allegations against Porter, but it has been widely reported that McGahn received the initial FBI briefings. As of Monday, Sanders was still evasive about the details

of the Porter clearance investigation, saying it was still ‘ongoing.’
‘The process for the background was ongoing, and the White House had not received any specific papers regarding the completion of that background check,’ she claimed.
‘We learned of the extent of the situation involving Rob Porter last Tuesday evening,’ Sanders insisted.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: