The mosque massacres involved an Australian terrorist, Brenton Tarrant, 28, who live-streamed himself opening fire on worshippers
Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic shotgun at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch Gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm
Three men and one woman were arrested, with police charging ‘one man in his late 20s’ with murder, he will be arraigned in court on Saturday
Nearby second mosque, Masjid in Linwood, also in the city of Christchurch, was also attacked soon after
At least 49 confirmed dead – 41 from the first mosque, seven from the second, and one in hospital
The Four people in custody were not known to counter-terror authorities 
New Zealand Police are raiding a home in Dunedin, believed to be the address a gunman’s car is registered to
In a twisted manifesto published just before the attack, the gunman wrote that he targeted the mosques while training for another attack
A man who identified himself as Brenton Tarrant [photo] live-streamed the massacre of dozens of people in Christchurch, New Zealand

A white Australian white supremacist terrorist who livestreamed his sickening shooting spree on Facebook is one of four people arrested over dual mosque attacks which left 49 dead and 48 injured on a day New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described as the nation’s ‘darkest day’.
Wearing a bullet proof vest the Trump loving white supremacist shooter moved from room to room shooting worshippers. At one point he went to his car to rearm before  returning to the crime scene.
The gunman, who identified himself as Brenton Tarrant from Grafton, NSW, Australia, stormed the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country’s South Island about 1.30pm, opening fire with a semi-automatic shotgun and a rifle on about 100 defenceless worshippers attending Friday prayers.
A sickening 17-minute video of the unfolding horror shows the self-confessed white supremacist dressed in army fatigues firing mercilessly at people scrambling to flee, and calmly reloading when he runs out of bullets.
At about the same time, there was a second shooting at Masjid mosque in Linwood, where seven more were killed.
In the aftermath of the bloody attacks, three men and one woman were arrested, with police charging ‘one man in his late 20s’ with murder. He will face court on Saturday.
So far only one man said to be in his 20’s has been charged with murder.
Two others remain in police custody, with the fourth person arrested deemed not to have been involved in the attacks.

The shooter’s weapons were marked with the names of other people who have carried out attacks

Of the 49 fatalities, 41 were killed at the Al Noor Mosque and seven at the Linwood Avenue mosque. Three of the seven were slain on the streets. A 49th died in hospital, in New Zealand’s worst ever terror attack and one of the worst mass-shootings ever.
A further 48 people were rushed to Christchurch Hospital with gunshot wounds, 20 of which were in a critical condition. A dozen operating theatres were used, with many victims requiring multiple life-saving surgeries.
New Zealand Police later evacuated families from a street in Dunedin 240 miles to the south where homes are evacuated around a ‘location of interest’ to the shootings. The home is believed to be the registered address for the gunman’s car.

Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots and police are responding to the incident at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island. Pictured is a still from a live-stream of the shootingBrenton Tarrant [photo] live-streamed himself shooting worshippers in Christchurch New Zealand on Friday. Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots and police are responding to the incident at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country’s South Island. Pictured is a still from a live-stream of the shooting

According to local reports on Friday March 15, 1.30pm local time [12.30am GMT] a gunman identifying himself as Brenton Tarrant live-streams mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque as Friday prayers are underway.
The Bangladesh cricket team were on their way to the mosque at the time.
Another shooting takes place at a mosque in Linwood, 3.5 miles to the east of the the first crime scene.
An  hour later a police bomb squad responding to reports of shots fired in central Christchurch, locate and disarm  two explosive devices attached to a car are found and disarmed by a bomb squad at Strickland Street, not far Within 5 hours police confirmed three men and one woman are in custody. Australian prime minister Scott Morrison confirmed one of those arrested is Australian.

The 73-page document, which he called ‘The Great Replacement’, was published on the morning before Brenton Tarrant opened fire inside the Al Noor Mostque in Christ Church

In a twisted manifesto believed to have been written by Tarrant, he said he targeted the places of worship because they had ‘far more invaders’.
‘I only arrived to New Zealand to live temporarily whilst I planned and trained, but I soon found out that New Zealand was as target rich of an environment as anywhere else in the west.
‘Secondly an attack in New Zealand would bring to attention the truth of the assault on our civilisation.
Prime Minister Ardern condemned the attacker, saying: ‘You may have chosen us, but we utterly condemn and reject you.’
‘My thoughts, and I’m sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders, are with those who have been affected, and also with their families.’

Witnesses reported hearing as many as 50 gunshots at the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country’s South Island
Witnesses inside the mosque reported seeing 15 people being shot, including children

Early reports indicated a shooting at Christchurch Hospital. However, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the mosques were the lone targets on ‘one of New Zealand’s darkest days’.
Dozens of families spent the night crowding the front doors of Christchurch Hospital, unsure whether their loved ones had survived.
One woman took to social media to ask whether anyone had seen her husband.
‘Assalamualaikum [peace be with you] currently we still don’t have any news on my husband. Please keep him on your prayer.’
The nation’s terror threat level was elevated to ‘high alert’ following the terror attacks, the second highest possible.
However, police have confirmed there are no further suspects.
Shooters rampage began when he got into his car wearing military-style body armour and a helmet saying ‘let’s get this party started’


AOS (Armed Offenders Squad) push back members of the public following a shooting at the Al Noor mosque
Devastated: Members of a family react outside the mosque following the shooting in Christchurch
  Pictured: Grieving members of the public after the shootings at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand

Returning to the mosque he walked over to a pile of dead or wounded men in the room and began shooting them in the head to ensure they were dead.
Once he was satisfied everyone was dead, he ran outside and shot another person he saw on the mosque’s front lawn.
The woman stumbled on to the street and was lying face down in the gutter yelling ‘help me, help me’ as the shooter walked up to her.
Tarrant calmly leaned over her and shot her twice in the head.
Seconds later he returned to his car and drove over her body to make his escape, stopping to shoot at least one other person through his car window.


A man who escaped the mosque during the shooting said he saw his wife lying dead on the footpath 

As he drove he expressed regret for not staying longer and ‘burning the mosque to the ground’. Two large cans of gasoline were earlier seen the back his car.
‘But, s**t happens,’ he said. ‘I left one full magazine back there, I know for sure. I had to run along in the middle of the firefight and pick it up.
‘There wasn’t even time to aim there were so many targets. There were so many people, the car park was full, so there’s no real chance of improvement.’
Footage from within the Masjid mosque later showed survivors tending to the wounded.