The FBI joined local officers in desperate searches underway on Monday for the four missing men identified as 22-year-old Mark Sturgis; 21-year-old Tom Meo; 18-year-old Dean Finocchiario; and 19-year-old Jimi Tar Patrick.
Patrick was the first to disappear, having not been seen since last Wednesday. The other three all went missing on Friday.
Investigators were searching a number of properties, including a corn field and an adjoining property at the farm in Solebury Township, and are chasing down a number of ‘fast-developing leads’.
Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub holds up photos of the four men who are missing, Monday afternoon
Jimi Patrick [left] was the first tobe declared missing last seen at 6pm on Wednesday. Dean Finocchiaro [right] vanished on Friday
Tom Meo (left) and Mark Sturgis (right) were the other two young men to go missing. They both worked for Sturgis’ father’s construction business
The leads are incredibly hot, they’re very fruitful. We’re making great progress, but there’s so much more work to do,’ Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said during a press conference on Monday afternoon.
Cosmo DiNardo, 20, was taken into custody on an old weapons charge Monday afternoon and is being held on a $1million bond. His parents own the farm property that seemed to be at the center of the search.
‘We’re not going to rest until we get through every inch of that property,’ he continued, before adding there had been ‘a lot of strong indications’ suggesting investigators should focus on the farm property, Foxe reports.
Weintraub explained FBI officers had been called in to join the search because of their expertise in recovery operations underway at the farm.
The DA closed the press conference by telling reporters while he hopes the four young friends are still alive, he described the search effort as like looking for ‘needles in a haystack’.
‘I don’t know how this is going to end up, unfortunately, but I am confident that we are going to get to the bottom of this,’ he said.
The farm is owned by Antonio DiNardo, 46, and Sandra DiNardo, 47, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
The newspaper added the couple’s 20-year-old son, Cosmo DiNardo, was taken into custody Monday afternoon on a firearm charge from February and he is currently being held on a bond of $1million.
Sturgis and Meo were friends
Police report that Sturgis and Meo were friends, (pictured together) but it is not clear if the four disappearances are directly linked
The charge is not related to the disappearances.
DiNardo was taken into custody at one of the other properties being searched, which is where he lives and is owned by his family.
Heavy equipment was also being used during the search, which had grown on Monday to include seven different agencies. ￼
Sturgis and Meo are longtime buddies, while Finocchiaro is a mutual friend. ￼
￼Sturgis’ father, Mark Potash, said did not know where his son was heading or what he was doing before he disappeared Friday. ￼