Advertisements
Trending Now

Saudi Arabia to behead Khashoggi killers! Prosecutors charge 11 suspects, five face death penalty for murdering journalist with a lethal injection – Crown Prince is cleared

Popular Stories

 ‘Mistakes happen’ but [Khashoggi’s] killers will now be brought to justice – Saudi Foreign minister, Adel al-Jubeir

After taking 21 people into custody, Saudi Arabia has charged 11 men with murdering journalist Jamal Khashoggi
The Kingdom will seek the death penalty against five of those directly involved in killing, officials announced
Prosecutor Shalaan al-Shalaan, announced that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was not involved
Blame for the murder was laid on two lesser officials including  former deputy intelligence chief Ahmed al-Assiri – the highest-level official implicated in Khashoggi’s killing
Saudi official claim is that Khashoggi was killed by lethal injection inside the consulate in Istanbul, then dismembered 
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan insists the ‘kill’ order on Khashoggi came from ‘the highest levels’ of Saudi govt
Khashoggi, an outspoken journalist went into self-imposed exile in US in 2017 after falling out with Prince Mohammed
Global fallout over the murder has tainted the image of 33-year-old Prince Mohammed – the de facto ruler and heir apparent – as a modern reformer, despite persistent Saudi denials that he was involved
The murder has also led to increased scrutiny of Saudi Arabia’s role in the Yemen war, which has pushed that impoverished country to the brink of famine
Jamal Khashoggi 7.pngSaudi Arabia is seeking the death penalty against five men it accuses of carrying out the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi [photo L-R], in Istanbul on Oct 2. So far 15 of the men being investigated over missing journalist were caught on camera as they arrived Turkey

Five Saudi officials are facing the death penalty after being accused of murdering journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Shalaan al-Shalaan, the kingdom’s deputy public prosecutor, revealed on Thursday that 21 people are in custody over the killing and charges have been brought against 11 of them.
Al-Shalaan requested the death penalty for five who ‘are charged with ordering and committing the crime and for the appropriate sentences for the other indicted individuals’.
But he exonerated Saudi’s de-facto ruler Mohammed bin Salman by laying ultimate blame for Khashoggi’s killing at the feet of two lesser officials.
Executions in Saudi Arabia are usually carried out publicly by beheading with a sword.

Shalaan al-Shalaan, the deputy public prosecutor of Saudi Arabia, revealed that 21 people are in custody over the killing and 11 of them have been charged
Shalaan said the highest-level official implicated in Khashoggi’s killing is former deputy intelligence chief Ahmed al-Assiri, who gave the order for him to be repatriated to Saudi Arabia from Turkey, where he was living in exile. By royal decree issued by Saudi Arabia’s King Salman Ahmed al-Assiri was relieved of his post as deputy intelligence chief last month.
Related: Embattled Saudi heir apparent could be ousted in face saving move! King Salman could ‘ have Crown Prince replaced to restore the credibility of the monarchy’ – Fallout of his disastrous handling of the Khashoggi murder
Sources say Saudi King could move to  ‘have Crown Prince replaced to restore the credibility of the monarchy’ after botched  attempts at containment of the […]

He added that it was ‘the head of the negotiating team’ dispatched to seize Khashoggi who then gave the order to kill him, without naming the man.
Shalaan denied that Salman had any knowledge of the killing. The Crown Prince has blamed it on ‘rogue elements’ of the Saudi state.
That was a claim backed by foreign minister Adel al-Jubeir who said bin Salman has ‘absolutely nothing to do’ with the death.
‘Sometimes mistakes happen… sometimes people exceed their authority,’ he said before adding Saudi was taking steps ‘to make sure this doesn’t happen again.’

Meanwhile Turkey’s public prosecutor has described news of the charges as a ‘positive [development], but insufficient’.

Turkey has previously said it believes officials at the very top level of Saudi’s ruling family are to blame for the murder, but stopped short of accusing bin Salman.
Saudi Arabia added that it believes Khashoggi was given a lethal injection inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul on October 2.
His body was then dismembered and taken out of the building, Shalaan said, though admitted the kingdom does not know where the remains are now.
Investigations are ongoing to find the remains, the prosecutor insisted.
Related:Saudi King Salman expected to ‘stand down and hand power to son after purging’ rivals
Saudi Arabia’s King to ‘stand down, [next week], and hand power to son after purging’ rivals KING Salman is reportedly preparing to make his son Prince Mohammed […]

Salah Khashoggi, son of Jamal Khashoggi, wrote two tweets announcing the time and place that the Khashoggi family will be accepting condolences, hours after the Saudi Public Prosecution revealed the results of the investigation around his father’s death.
One specifies the details for the men’s timings and the other for the women.
Between prayers and verses from the Qura’an, Salah Khashoggi said that the family will be accepting condolences from men on Friday to Sunday, and from women on Monday to Wednesday, in the late journalist’s house in Jeddah.

Hatice Cengiz 2.JPGHatice Cengiz, Khashoggi’s fiancée is demanding the kingdom hand back his remains for a proper burial

After first insisting Khashoggi left the consulate unharmed, Saudi authorities said he was killed in an argument that degenerated into a brawl before finally accepting what Turkey had said virtually from the start – that he was killed in a premeditated hit.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the order to murder Khashoggi came from ‘the highest levels’ of the Saudi government.
Related: Saudi Consul allegedly caught on audio recording telling hit squad as they cut off missing journalist’s fingers one by one to “Do this outside; you’re going to get me in trouble”‘ – Sources say audio proves Jamal Khashoggi was butchered alive, inside consulate
Resourcefulness of slain Saudi journalist comes back to haunt his killers Saudi Consul General in Istanbul, Mohammad al-Otaibi, departed on a commercial flight on Tuesday […]

The global fallout over the murder has tainted the image of 33-year-old Prince Mohammed – the de facto ruler and heir apparent – despite persistent Saudi denials that he was involved.
Khashoggi’s murder has also led to increased scrutiny of Saudi Arabia’s role in the Yemen war, which has pushed the impoverished country to the brink of famine.
The journalist went into self-imposed exile in the United States in 2017 after falling out with Prince Mohammed.
Turkey says they shared tapes linked to death of Khashoggi with US

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: