Trending Now

Killer in custody after UK woman catfished man on Facebook who raped and murdered her aunt 6,000 miles away in South Africa, after she got fed up waiting six years for police investigation

Popular Stories

A woman from Kent, UK went catfishing on Facebook to snare ‘killer who raped and murdered her aunt six years ago in South Africa
Frustrated with lack of progress fro authorities in the case Lehanne Sergison, 49, turned online sleuth to track down her aunt’s killer 6,000 miles away in South Africa
Christine Robinson, 59, ran her the 125 acre Rra-Ditau lodge alone in the foothills of the Waterberg Mountain Range near Thabazimbi in Limpopo Province, after the death of her husband, Robbie Robinson
The retired teacher was brutally raped and murdered at her luxury South African safari lodge in 2014
The suspected killer, then 24-year-old landscaper at the lodge fled and had not been caught till now
Sergison then went on Facebook and catfished the suspect Andrew Ndlovu, 30
Posing as air stewardess, Missy, Lehanne swapped hundreds of flirty messages  with the fugitive
Last week Andrew Ndlovu was arrested in Johannesburg, SA, after six years at large based on clues discovered by Sergison

‘The first time I contacted him I told him he had sexy eyes – it made me want to throw up, she said.
‘When the reply came, I didn’t know what to say. I hadn’t flirted with anyone for a long time. I asked friends what their teenage daughters would write.’
Their first exchange over private messages, pictured below, went:
Missy: Hello handsome
Suspect: Hey hw u doing
Missy: Better now I’ve heard from u… u have sexy eyes
Suspect: Thanx hey – you are one in a million.

Sergison Ndlovu down on Facebook in 2019 after she discovered he was using a Facebook alias and found he was also active on dating sites.
She set up a false Facebook identity and over time she befriended his friends and eventually began chatting to him.
The pair exchanged hundreds of late-night flirty messages over a two-month period until eventually Ndlovu took the bait.
He offered his number to ‘Missy’ and said that he would like to see her, writing: ‘Wish I could see you even only once.’
Sergison said: ‘It made my skin crawl he wanted to see me. I felt I was betraying Christine but knew I might stand a chance of getting him.’
‘Meanwhile I was having nightmares. The stress was unbelievable. I saw a counselor and cried for an hour.’
Due to the stress it was causing her, her family, including her husband Simon, 49, advised her to stop but Sergison felt she couldn’t ‘give up’ in her quest to see justice.
‘The pain of her [Christine’s] murder never subsided,’ she said.

However, Ndlovu never showed up and his mobile, that was being tracked by police, went offline leaving Sergison devastated after coming so close.
Thinking it was ‘all over’, on the anniversary of her aunt’s death, she shared a Facebook post that went viral leading to his arrest.
On July 30, she posted Ndlovu’s photo on Facebook, appealing to South Africans to help her try and find him.
She wrote: ‘Six years ago today this man raped and murdered my aunt Christine Robinson. Andrew Ndlovu is still a free man enjoying his life after taking hers.’
The post was shared 70,000 times and within hours Sergison received a tip-off from a woman in Johannesburg.
The message read: ‘WhatsApp me please. He’s been working for my dad.’

Andrew Ndlovu, 30, was tracked down and was arrested by police in Johannesburg last week.
Ndlovu reportedly broke down in tears and still insists his link to the murder was ‘a mistake’.
He is now in custody awaiting a bail hearing next week.
Retired teacher Christine Robinson, 59, was brutally murdered in 2014 at the 125 acre Rra-Ditau lodge she ran alone in South Africa after the death of her husband.
Police reports said she was raped and stabbed to death in her bedroom.
She was allegedly attacked after she had drawn out $4,567 to pay staff at the luxury 30 guest lodge.
The prime suspect Andrew Ndlovu, then 24, had vanished on the night of the killing and was thought to have slipped back over the border to his native Zimbabwe but then later returned to South Africa.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: