Trending Now

Gang member, Keith Melvin Moses, 19, ‘was high on drugs’ when he killed three people in Orlando – when arrested, suspect’s gun was ‘still warm’ from shooting journalist, girl, 9, and woman, 38, in five hour span

Popular Stories

Keith Melvin Moses, a known gang member, is charged with triple-homicide that happened in Pine Hills, Florida on Wednesday

Moses, 19, is in custody for the murder of Nathacha Augustin, 38, whom he allegedly shot at 11am Wednesday 

Local reporter Dylan Lyons, 24, and his cameraman Jesse Walden were covering the homicide when Moses returned to the crime scene and shot both men

Lyons died in hospital, Walden is remains hospitalized, listed as critical

He then walked into a nearby home and shot and killed nine-year-old girl T’Yonna Major – her mother survived, but is listed as critical 

Moses who has a lengthy rap sheet dating back to when he was a teenager, was high when he shot his victims, police said

He was taken into custody with a still warm .45 Glock handgun

Triple-murder suspect Keith Melvin Moses smirked and smiled as he was taken away in handcuffs after being arrested in connection to the multi-scene crime wave in Orlando, Florida

The gunman who killed a Florida journalist and a nine-year-old girl after returning to an earlier crime scene was ‘high’ when police arrested him, and is refusing to explain his murderous spree.
Keith Melvin Moses smirked and smiled as he was taken away in handcuffs after being arrested in connection to the three killings in Orlando, Florida, within hours of his alleged killing spree.
Moses, 19, is in custody for the murder of Nathacha Augustin, a 38-year-old woman he allegedly shot at 11am yesterday. 
Nathacha was in the passenger seat of Moses’ cousin’s car when the cousin spotted him walking down the street, looking ‘down’. The cousin offered to give him a ride and Moses got in the backseat, but then shot Augustin in the chin and fled. 
Local reporter Dylan Lyons and his cameraman Jesse Walden arrived at the scene of the first shooting, preparing to report on it for their nightshift, when Moses is accused of returning to the scene.
He shot both journalists in their vehicle before walking into a nearby home and shot and killed nine-year-old girl T’Yonna Major. The little girl’s mother, Brandi, was also shot and left with critical injuries.

When the gang banger was arrested moments after the third shooting on Wednesday, his gun – a .45 Glock handgun – was still ‘hot to the touch’ – police

The terror started just after 11am, when a woman, 38, was found dead on the street with shotgun wounds.
According to an arrest warrant, deputies found Augustin outside the passenger side of a car on the street, where the driver remained on the scene. The warrant shows that the driver who was also a witness told deputies he was driving around 10:30 a.m. when he picked up his friend of about six years, later identified as Augustin, from her home.
The pair drove around for about 30 minutes when they saw Moses walking north on Hastings Street, deputies said. He told deputies Moses “seemed down” so he offered the suspect a ride, the warrant reads.
Moses he said, was sitting directly behind Augustin, when moments later, after a loud bang and saw blood on her. The driver called 911 while Moses fled the scene, according to the warrant.
Then at 4.05pm that day – as broadcasters gathered to report the local news – the suspect is believed to have returned and started firing again.
Police arrested him moments later and said his .45 Glock handgun was still ‘hot to the touch’. 
At a press conference on Thursday, Orange County Sheriff John Mina said Moses is a known gang member who has refused to explain why he committed the murders, but that he appeared to be high when he was arrested. 
‘When deputies took him down they thought he might be under the influence of some kind of drug but none of that has been confirmed – his eyes were dilated,’ Mina said. 

Victims include nine-year-old girl T’Yonna Major [photo]. Her mother was also shot by Moses, but survived, her condition listed as critical
Local TV reporter Dylan Lyons, 24, [photo], was shot and killed while reporting on a fatal shooting in Pine Hills, Florida, on Wednesday. He was just six months into his job at Spectrum News 13

Police took him to the hospital after he complained he ‘couldn’t breathe’.
There, he began ‘fighting with hospital staff’ and had to be restrained.
Once in police custody, Moses ‘pretended to be asleep’ to try to get out of his interview.
He remains in custody but is refusing to talk to detectives, police said.
‘Moses is not speaking to us. We’re unable to determine a motive at this time. It’s unclear why he shot the first victim, why he targeted the folks in the news media and it’ unclear why he shot a nine year old and her mother.
‘We’d like to answer this for our community – why did he do this? Why did he shoot these people?
‘His firearm was empty, thankfully. I’m not sure if he would have kept shooting people in that community,’ Sheriff Mina said.
It’s unclear how he obtained the gun

Survivor: Cameraman and photographer Jesse Walden, who was with Lyons at the time, was also shot. He remains in the hospital in critical condition. Moses also shot T’Yonna Major’s mother and she’s listed in critical condition
T’Yonna Major’s mother Brandi [left], was also shot and critically injured on Wednesday by Keith Moses

Last night, WESH 2 News reporter Luana Munoz wept on-air as she reported from the hospital where Lyons was confirmed dead. 
‘I apologize. This is really difficult to cover. It is very emotional here…
‘There are people here who knew that reporter, his fiancée and I were just embracing.
‘This is every reporter’s worst nightmare. We go home at night afraid that something like this will occur. One of our own has just passed. I’m going to send it back to you guys so I can get myself together.’

TV reporter Dylan Lyons [right] was the second person killed by Keith Moses on Wednesday. His fiancée, Casey Lynn [left], wrote: ‘The love of my life was murdered. I will never be the same again’

Lyons’ colleagues at Spectrum News 13 also paid tribute to him on-air. 
‘He took his job very seriously, he loved his career, he loved what he did. 
‘He loved the community, telling the stories of people, reporting the news. He was just passionate about what he did,’ his colleague and friend Josh Miller said. 
Anchor Ybeth Bruzual said: ‘This is a profound loss on so many levels because it’s impacting us at our doorstep, but there is a child that is dead, a mother who is injured, another co-worker who is hospitalized.
‘So please bear with us as we also try to process the fact that our co-worker will not be coming to join us here. He is gone.
‘His family is trying to figure things out.’ 
Lyons’ heartbroken fiancée took to social media last night to share her grief.
‘The love of my life was murdered. I will never be the same again,’ she said as she shared a link to a GoFundMe page dedicated to covering his funeral costs, which has raised over $37,000, surpassing the $25,000 goal. 

Leave a Reply