‘It’s disgusting to see my daughter in a video like that’
Javier, father of 14-year-old girl in sex tape that led to machete attack on lone Bronx teenager by 8 members of Dominican street gang apologized to victim’s family
15-year-old Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz was set upon and hacked to death by a gaggle of adult men in a ‘case of mistaken identity’
The girl’s dad Javier, whose last name was withheld because his underage daughter is involved in a sex crime investigation, said only became aware of the sex tape when his brother sent him the video, which was recorded when his daughter was 14
Javier who is fretting death threats, claims he doesn’t know any of the suspects, and only learned of his daughter’s involvement in the sex tape soon after surveillance footage of Lesandro Guzman-Feliz’s death was made public
The footage shows Guzman-Feliz being dragged outside a Bronx bodega on June 21 by Kevin Alvarez, before being stabbed and slashed to death by five other gang members
Javier who blamed his children’s mother for their ‘wayward’ upbringing, expressed his condolences to the bereaved Guzman and Feliz families for their loss
Bronx teen Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz, who was killed June 20 in a case of mistaken identity
The father of the girl in the sex tape linked to the gruesome slaying of innocent Bronx teen Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz, has spoken out about the shock of finding his family embroiled in the horrific chain of events, worse, being targeted in the backlash.
The father whose daughter was just 14 when the sex tape was made in 2017, has apologized to the family of the victim. Javier, whose last name was withheld because his underage daughter is involved in a sex crime investigation, said he is ‘disgusted’ and ‘angry’ by the whole ordeal.
43-year-old Javier [last name withheld], the father of the girl in the sex tape believed to have led to Lesandro Guzman-Feliz’s murder, weeps while recalling the mess that his family is being subjected to
The 43-year-old man who shares three kids with his daughter’s mother, claims he only became aware of the video after news of the mistaken-identity slaying in the Bronx exploded on social media and people began to search for answers, including researching the bio-data of all involved.
On June 20 Guzman-Feliz was dragged out of a bodega in the Bronx by a group of men who slashed him repeatedly with machetes, stabbed him in the neck and left him for dead.
Police believe the attack was carried out by the Trinitarios gang members who confused Guzman-Feliz with another teen.
Prosecutors allege the men were looking for a rival gang member who had been filmed having sex with one of the Trintarios’ girlfriends on Snapchat.
That girlfriend is believed to be Javier’s 15-year-old daughter.
Terrifying video shows fatal stabbing of teen in the Bronx
Javier says he immediately recognized his daughter when his brother sent him the video on Facebook.
The 17-second video shows a young man who looks like Guzman-Feliz performing a rap while the girl is lying on a table engaged in sex in the background, according to The Post.
She would have likely been 14 years old at the time it was recorded in August 2017. The video was shared illegally on Snapchat and other social media websites.
‘I cried a lot… it’s disgusting to see my daughter in a video like that,’ he said via a sign language interpreter.
‘I don’t know what happened. Their mother doesn’t raise them right. It’s pathetic.’
Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, p[photo] was dragged out of a bodega in the Bronx on June 20 by members of the Trintarios gang who slashed him repeatedly with machetes and knives, and left him to bleed out and die
Javier said he doesn’t recognize any of the eight men who have been arrested in connection with Guzman-Feliz’s murder, but some there have been reports that the girl in the video was related to a gang member.
‘I’m sorry this happened. I feel lost. My heart is broke. I’m shocked, I’m very emotional right now,’ he said.
Javier who also has two sons with his daughter’s mother, one 14 and the other 17, claimed he doesn’t recognize any of the eight men arrested in connection with Guzman-Feliz’s murder.
His children’s mother has an order of protection against him for unknown reasons, and he said he has no idea what role his children could’ve played in the death, if any.
“Everybody on Facebook is saying it’s my fault, but I don’t know anything, I haven’t seen her,” Javier said, adding he sends his condolences to Guzman-Feliz’s family.
Dead teen’s dad Lesandro Guzman [second right], arrives Our Lady Of Mount Camel church in the Bronx for his son’s funeral on Wednesday morning.
Javier and his daughter both have been receiving death threats on social media, he said
‘Everybody on Facebook is saying it’s my fault, but I don’t know anything, I haven’t seen her,’ he said.
The threats led Javier to deactivate his account.
‘I have to be careful walking around, I’m scared… I’m worried… I need my safety for these children,’ he said.
The father said that he has not been contacted by authorities, and that his daughter is not the girl who has been provided police protection.
Police have not confirmed if Javier’s daughter was under investigation, but the girl and Guzman-Feliz reportedly, both are in the NYPD Explorers program for youths interested in a career in law enforcement, source said.
The suspects: Top [L-R] Jose Taverez, Joniki Martinez and Manuel Rivera. Below: The three other New Jersey suspects [L-R]: Santiago Rodriguez, Jose Muniz and Danel Fernandez
Six suspected gang members arrested in connection to a Bronx teen’s murder appeared in New Jersey court for an extradition hearing on Tuesday.
All six of the men waived their right to a hearing and the judge approved their extradition to New York State. The three other New Jersey suspects from left to right: Santiago Rodriguez, Jose Muniz and Danel Fernandez.
Elvin Garcia, [left], became the eighth person arrested over the Guzman-Feliz murder. Kevin Alvarez, [right], was the first of the eight to be arrested. He was indicted for second-degree murder Friday
Eight men, all of whom are said to be members of the Dominican street gang Trintarios, were arrested earlier this week and charged in Guzman-Feliz’s death.
They are Jose Muniz, 21, Jose Taverez, 21, Manuel Rivera, 18, Danel Fernandez, 21, Joniki Martinez, 24, Santiago Rodriguez, 24, Kevin Alvarez, 19, and 23-year-old Elvin Garcia, have all being charged in the death of the innocent Bronx teen.
Six of the suspects appeared in an extradition hearing on Tuesday, after which Bronx District Attorney, Darcel Clark announced that they face charges of murder, manslaughter, gang assault and assault.
The same day, hundreds of mourners descended on the bodega where the attack happened to demand ‘justice for Junior’.
The sidewalk was covered in candles and other tributes to the late teen, who had dreamed of becoming a cop.
On Friday Guzman-Feliz’s mother Leandra appeared in court as the first of the eight suspects, Alvarez, was indicted for second-degree murder.
The grieving mother vowed that ‘justice is coming’.
Pall bearers all wearing New York Yankees uniforms carry the coffin of 15-year-old Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz out of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel church in the Bronx on Wednesday
Family and friends mourn Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz – His dad is being comforted at he funeral, Wednesday
In an interview Thursdays, Alvarez denied responsibility for the 15-year-old’s death, claiming that he wasn’t aware his crew was armed with knives and machetes and thought the plan was just to fight.
‘I thought it was just going to be a fight when I came out the store and I turned around and saw the machetes,’ he said.
By the time he realized what was happening and yelled at the others to stop, it was too late, he says.
Vigil candles outside the bodega which remains closed as the police continue with their investigation
Alvarez was seen backing out of the surveillance video and isn’t seen again.
He said he only found out Lesandro had died when a friend called to tell him.
In the Daily News interview Alvarez revealed he had to be transferred from Rikers Island because he was being threatened by other inmates.
He claims a corrections officer said he would leave the door open so he could be attacked and he’s left unable to sleep at night.
‘I was scared. I don’t get scared. I was in the military, but I was so scared. People think I’m a monster. They want me dead,’ Alvarez said.