Virginia judge finds transgender boy guilty of sexually assaulting female student in girls’ bathroom, victim’s parents demand apology from NSBA for branding them ‘domestic terrorists’, as Loudoun County students protest for safer schools
Scott Smith’s daughter, 15, was sexually assaulted at Stone Bridge High School in Loudoun County, Virginia, on May 28
The assailant reportedly, was a 15-year-old boy allowed to use girl’s bathroom because he identified as transgender
She immediately reported assault to school authorities, who took no action, and her dad was arrested at the school that day for causing a scene when he arrived
On June 22, Smith was dragged out of a school board meeting in fury after hearing the board claim they’d received no reports of sexual assaults
It took another two months for police to bring charges related to sexual battery against the boy
The victim’s father earlier this month revealed what had happened to his daughter in an interview
The school – which has been pushing progressive trans policies – said it had done nothing wrong throughout
In juvenile court the boy’s attorney argued because he’d had consensual sex with victim before – in the bathrooms – he was reasonable in assuming consent on May 28
On Monday, juvenile court Judge Pamela Brooks substantiated the charges of forcible sodomy and forcible fellatio – sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 15
Transferred to another institution in the same school district, the teen boy, who was wearing a skirt at the time, has been charged with sexually assaulting another girl in a different school, months later
Smith and his wife say they feel ‘relieved’ and now want to focus on their daughter’s help
A Loudoun County judge has found a teenage boy ‘in a skirt’ guilty of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old female classmate in the girls’ bathrooms at their school, siding with the victim’s outraged parents who were shamed for protesting against trans bathroom rules after the incident.
The enraged victim’s father, Scott Smith, had to be dragged out of a meeting on June 22 after hearing teachers from the Loudoun County school board claim they had not received reports of sexual assaults involving students in the bathrooms, whereas less than a month earlier, his daughter had reported that had been assauted in the school bathroom.
Despite the fact that the Loudoun County Schools Superintendent, Scott Ziegler, sent an email to parents on the day it happened claiming that the school was investigating the incident, on June 22 he told the gathered parents: ‘To my knowledge, we don’t have any record of assaults occurring in our restrooms.’
Students in Loudoun County Public School held a walkout Tuesday morning to protest for safer schools in the wake of sexual assaults in school bathrooms
The transgender boy who has not been named because he is a minor, was accused of sexually attacking a school mate in the girls bathroom.
The attorney for the boy, who identifies as transgender, argued that because he’d had consensual sex with the 15-year-old girl before – in the school bathrooms – he was reasonable in assuming consent on May 28
On Monday, juvenile court judge Pamela Brooks agreed with the girl’s parents on the preferred charges of forcible sodomy and forcible fellatio.
This is the juvenile court equivalent of a conviction. He will return to court on November 15 for sentencing.
The girl’s parents now say they feel ‘relieved’ after but are demanding an apology from the National School Board Association, NSBA, for its characterization of parents who angrily protest pupil-endangering school policies as domestic terrorists.
The NSBA has apologized for threatening to mobilize the FBI to prosecute parents after being asked to do so by the country’s increasingly liberal public school system, but the victim’s father, Scott Smith, says the National Board has gone far enough.
He is threatening to sue the NSBA for defamation unless it apologizes directly to him.
After Monday’s verdict, the family released a statement through their attorney, saying: ‘We are greatly relieved that justice was served today.
‘No one should have to endure what this family has endured, and now their focus is completely upon their daughter’s health and safety as she progresses forward with her life.’
Victim’s parents speak of their ordeal as Loudoun County authorities confirm Stone Bridge High School sexual assault, address ‘misinformation’
Judge Brooks agreed with the victim’s that there was enough evidence to prove the 15-year-old teen boy forced himself on their teen daughter. The same transgender boy has also been charged with sexually assaulting another girl at a different school in the same Virginia school district in October.
The suspect in both sex assaults at two different Loudoun County high schools was charged with charges related to sexual battery. He was was not charged or convicted of rape.
Loudoun County Schools hasn’t commented on the verdict.
Last week, after the NSBA’s apology, he said: ‘I am a father who cares deeply for his daughter, who would go to the ends of the earth to protect both her and other students who attend public school in Loudoun County from suffering what she has suffered due to the misguided social policies adopted by the school board.
‘I am not a “domestic terrorist”.’
‘The NSBA defamed me, impugning my reputation and that of other concerned parents who dared challenge our local school board. I am owed an apology and I deserve one.
‘I demand the NSBA retract its statement that I am a “domestic terrorist”, or I will have no choice but to seek a court to do it for them.’
The juvenile court trial heard how the girl and boy were friends and had previously ‘hooked up’ with her consent, but that on May 28, he attacked her.
He also told detectives in some of his early statements that he ‘stopped’ because he knew he was ‘hurting the girl’, but also claimed the sexual assault only happened when his ‘knee length skirt got caught on his watch’.
The pair chatted daily on an app called Discord, according to the boy’s attorney, and regularly discussed sex. They had met up in the girl’s bathroom at Stone Bridge High School before, he said, to fool around.
The boy’s attorney, William Mann, argued that because they’d had consensual sex before – in the bathrooms – he was reasonable in assuming consent on May 28.
Loudoun County, VA, School Board meeting descends into chaos over new transgender rules
The boy’s attorney, William Mann, argued that because they’d had consensual sex before – in the bathrooms – he was reasonable in assuming consent on May 28. School Board descends into chaos over new transgender rules.
The row over transgender policies at Loudoun County schools has divided parents and teachers for months. Pictured, more parents at the June 22 meeting Shame on you!: School board meeting descends into chaos
On May 28, the day it happened, he sent this email to colleagues confirming that it had been reported. ‘This afternoon, a female student alleged that a male student sexually assaulted her in the restroom’
The judge disagreed. The boy is also facing another sexual battery charge on a different girl at a different school in the district. That case has not been resolved yet, and he will return to court on November 15 for sentencing.
The case became the searing tip of a raging debate in Loudoun County over transgender students’ rights and parents’ freedom of speech.
The row culminated in the June 22 meeting when Smith was dragged out out of the room by cops.
He was ridiculed by the left and made to seem like a bigoted transphobe when it was unknown in the public record at the time that his daughter had been assaulted.
Smith previously spoke to The Daily Wire about the sexual assault, saying he felt he had no choice after watching the school board dismiss it.
The school board initially claimed that no one who spoke at the June 22 meeting knew about the allegation because it was still being investigated by police.
Superintendent Scott Ziegler then issued an apology, saying he ‘misunderstood’ what he was asked when someone asked if there had been an assault in a bathroom, and that he assumed they meant an assault by a trans teen.
It remains unclear if the boy is transgender and if that is how he was allowed into the bathrooms that day.
Smith, and other parents, were protesting against a proposed rule to allow any child to use any bathroom on any given day, depending on the gender they identified with.
In the wake of the reports Loudoun County Public School students held a walkout Tuesday morning to protest for safer schools.
After the teen suspect in a sex assault at Stone Bridge High School in May was found guilty on all charges, Loudoun County Public School students planned the a walkout Tuesday morning after two recent assaults were reported at Loudoun schools.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department eventually confirmed earlier this month that a sexual assault did happen inside a bathroom at Stone Bridge High School on May 28. They said in a statement Wednesday that they arrested a 14-year-old boy in the case.
Crowds of students were seen outside schools in the district, including Stone Bridge, Loudoun County High School, Briar Woods High School, Broad Run High School and Lightridge High School.
The incident sparked outrage among Loudoun County parents, with a recent school board meeting descending into chaos.
The incident has also received national attention and made student safety a platform for Virginia’s gubernatorial race. The scandal has turned into a major attack line for the campaign of Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Glenn Youngkin, who is running against former Democratic incumbent Terry McAuliffe, is warning parents of the dangers their kids face in Virginia’s public schools unless he is elected.
He was trailing behind Democratic candidate Terry McAuliffe but has since closed in on him.
Last week, Youngkin cited the case involving Smith’s daughter, saying: ‘What other tragedy awaits Virginia´s children?’ The polls will open on November 2.
On October 15, Loudoun County Schools Superintendent Scott Ziegler – who was who’d told the school meeting that no sexual assault had been reported – apologized.
But he didn’t accept parents’ claims that the school officials had lied, and instead claimed he didn’t know what he was being asked.
He did not resign – as parents had requested – and instead apologized for ‘misleading’ them.
‘I regret that my comments were misleading and I apologize for the distress they caused families,’ he said.
‘To the families and students involved, my heart aches for you. I am sorry that we failed to provide the safe, welcoming and affirming environment that we aspire to provide.
‘We acknowledge and share in your pain and we will continue to offer you support to help your families through this trauma,’ he said.
Ziegler’s apology came as Beth Barts, a board member, resigned.
Furious parents and one 14-year-old student attended a meeting where they called for Ziegler’s resignation.
‘This is not China, this is the United States of America, and we will not be silenced.’
‘Remove the superintendent immediately and then resign for your negligence and duplicity. End this nightmare!’ one mother fumed.’
One 14-year-old student said: ‘I am 14 years old, the fact that I have to be here defending my rights to not have your radical agenda shoved down my throat in school is not only concerning, it’s upsetting. ‘
‘My peers and I are not tools to further your political agenda,’ the girl, Katie Young, said. Scott Ziegler: ‘The predator transgender student does not exist’
Leave a Reply